Men's Underwear - Men's Boxers, Briefs, Bikinis, Thongs, Jocks, Bodysuits, Suspensories.



Top Tips to Looking Your Best In Briefs

1. Choose a pair that covers your entire backside.
2. Wear a color that looks good with your skin tone.
For more tips, explore the archives.

Compression Shorts Invade 'Jockstraps Offer Athletic Support'.

Compression shorts have snuck into my research on jockstraps.

Jockstraps offer athletic support, expressive language, and a bit of humor, at their own expense in support of compression shorts.
Young amateurs like the [compression] shorts, too, even though they cost about twice as much as jocks...They're also supposed to "fight fatigue by helping prevent vascular pooling."

When I ran this by Dr. Roberts, he sounded skeptical.

No matter whether they really "fight fatigue," it's no surprise that compression shorts are eating into the jock's market share. The shorts are both more comfortable—I always thought jocks were a pain in the butt—and a lot less embarrassing-looking.

I'm inclined to agree that compression shorts are likely to be more comfortable and less embarassing-looking, but it's important to note that a compression short isn't going to protect you the way a hard cup inside a jockstrap will.

I don't think that the author does enough to emphasize the importance of a hard cup in certain activities, though he does a better job than an article on Choosing Good Athletic Support, which includes running shorts and speedos in a weak comparison of athletic support options.

Hey, remember the compression brief above from somewhere? It was the best looking pair of underwear offered by Speedo for Men at Bare Necessities and prd featured in Day 19 of the Refreshing Men's Underwear series.

For more support than a compression brief, check out this brief with a hard athletic cup, the Bike Performance Cotton Brief with Proflex 2 Cup.

2 Comments:

  • Although I disagree with a lot of your style perferences, I am really enjoying your expoloration of jockstraps. I wear them sometimes, usually when running or working out. I practice martial arts and have been looking for the proper protection for a while and have run into a problem, and have yet to find a solution. I don't like anything tight around my waist (it upsets my stomach) so I usually buy my cups in a larger size. This defeats the purpose a bit, because then the cup isn't held tightly enough around my groin. I just purchased the bike brief cup pictured in this post, but it is a little small and is uncomfortable. I don't usually wear underwear (except when working out) because I normally like my boys to be free. I look forward to your further articles on jockstraps and cups.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 5:03 PM  

  • I like dissent. I hope you'll continue to comment and say what you'd prefer in the way of style.

    While I think I'm definitely stylish, and aware of trends, I don't dictate what is and is not stylish in the way of underwear, jockstraps, or anything else for men for that matter...the thousands of people who visit this site, on the other hand, do. Feedback is what makes blogs great.

    As for the Bike brief cup that's pictured, it seems like it wouldn't be any less comfortable than a brief unless they did not expand the front to make up for the space the cup would take.

    Anyways, thanks for the comment. I will hopefully continue to talk about jockstraps, cups, and athletic support over time.

    By Blogger Torrent, at 8:30 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home