Men's Underwear - Men's Boxers, Briefs, Bikinis, Thongs, Jocks, Bodysuits, Suspensories.



Top Tips to Looking Your Best In Briefs

1. Choose a pair that covers your entire backside.
2. Wear a color that looks good with your skin tone.
For more tips, explore the archives.

Only a web of men's underwear choices, Part II.

Webbed Underwear
Webbed Underwear,
originally uploaded by Torrent.
Following up on the web of choices and only web of choices posts, I would like to further my second argument with a simple Google search. A basic "men's underwear" search with or without quotes, comes up with at least 5 or 6 underwear merchants as the top results, but you won't see them selling Jockey briefs, Hanes briefs, or Fruit of the Loom briefs, which I suspect far more of the world wears than you'd think.

No, it's the upscale, designer, experimental, fashion, and erotic underwear, sometimes a combination of those kinds of underwear, that are the top results in Google.

The closest to traditional briefs that you'll find at these merchants is Calvin Klein, which, while they probably don't want to hear that I don't think of them as high-style or designer underwear, is doing a great job of filling the gap between the inexpensive Hanes briefs and the fashion world of Unico. I want to compare them with 2(x)ist and C-IN2, but hesitate to do so. I'm not sure why, though. That might just be a post for another day.

And check out this "web" brief photo. It isn't any of the brands I've mentioned, I was just trying to keep with the "web of choices" theme we have going right now.

Your male underwear enthusiast,
Torrent

4 Comments:

  • While your comments are valid and I am of the same opionion I believe the trend is going to change. You may not get the masses out of the department stores buying their underwear, but if my affliate sales on usg-online.com and the huge influx of members to my message board, then the trend is looking up.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 5:32 AM  

  • I'm not sure I understand how you think the trend is changing. Do you think that department stores are going to begin selling more fashion and designer underwear? Or you think that more people will buy their underwear online?

    By Blogger Torrent, at 5:41 AM  

  • Last time I went to Macy's there was a 1/2 a floor of JUST men's underwear. I agree with you that there are SO many choices out there.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 8:06 PM  

  • The trend is changing online and the department stores are sure to pick up on this trend. If there's money in it, then the department stores will cater to it.

    Here in Toronto just go to the higher end department stores like Holt Renfrew and you'll already find a lot of the fashion and designer gear. Likewise, Simon's in Montreal also has a huge selection.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 1:12 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home